What our platform is useful for:
- quickly see the state of corruption in Romania
- learn about anti-corruption and what corruption is, specifically, according to the law
- takes you out of civic apathy, giving you hope that things can change for the better
The only website that shows you at all times which great dignitary has entered (or left) prison. See summaries of their files and key figures about their actions. We only deal with those who are definitively convicted of corruption. If you want to support the fight against corruption, order a set of collectible stickers with a corrupt statesman illustrated.
What will you find here?
You will find brief and visually appealing answers to questions such as: how many ministers have been convicted, how many years have summed up all their corruption cases, what are the most common acts for which they have been convicted, how many have been executed and how many have been suspended, which party has the most high-ranking convicts?
The website is a view of a database that we build voluntarily, manually, from scratch (see below how). You can use the Dosare (Cases) section (and the "Filtre" sub-section) to sort the database by a specific criterion: name, public office, party, deed, date of final sentence, file duration, years of punishment, type of punishment - with or without execution). Each politician in the "Dosare" section has an individual file that presents contextually relevant information: the nickname of the file in the media, links from the press and Wikipedia, the description of the fact in brief, in an accessible language, without legal jargon, and accessible fields directly from the "Filtre" menu, those described above.
On the main page you can see:
- one big corrupt (changes randomly each time the page reloads)
- a few figures that measure how long it has been since the last conviction, the longest case, the longest sentence
- links to politicians with executing sentences, those suspended and sorting convicts by party affiliation