We will help those fleeing the war in Ukraine to adapt to life in Romania, regardless of the length of their stay. Towards this, we will bring together all the essential information about life in our country, important rights and of course language courses for those who need them.
We will work together with trainers, translators and legal experts to prepare a curriculum in multiple languages. In addition to the free weekly courses, we will also organise a train of trainers for 20 people from Ukraine who want to disseminate the information of the courses in the newly formed communities in Romania.
We will focus on children, young people and their mothers who need financial security.
- developing a curriculum for the project and a toolkit for courses, in the 🇺🇦Ukrainian, 🇷🇺Russian, 🇬🇧English and 🇷🇴Romanian
- training sessions for people from Ukraine, located in the Bucharest-Ilfov area, who want to pass on the information learned
- free weekly training sessions for Ukrainians
- 3 networking and community events where participants meet potential employers
- a webpage putting together all this knowledge
The project has a budget of 25.000 USD through the Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund of the US State Department, through the US Embassy in Romania
September 2022 - March 2023